The Home Furnishings community is a tight-knit group. Most people who have been in the industry for a while know each other, and often cross paths at the various Home Furnishings trade shows and events. But where does everyone go online? We sought out to find some of the most helpful communities and online resources for Home Furnishings retailers. Here’s where you should spend some screen time:
If You’re in Rugs…
- Check out Floor Trends Magazine. If you’re looking for the scoop on all things flooring, here’s the place to go. They publish content on everything from area rugs to tile and laminate.
- Rug News & Design. They’ve been in the business for over 40 years, and live by a simple mantra: “To Share Our Passion for the World of Rugs.” They have both a printed magazine as well as digital versions of their content online.
- Area Rug Retailers: News, Tech, Tips, And More on Linkedin. This is a Linkedin group dedicated to solely Rug Retailers so that they can share helpful information and tips with others in their industry.
- Rug News. Founded by veterans in the flooring and journalism industries, they’ll keep you up to date on all things Rug! the Calendar and “Who’s Who” sections on their website are also very helpful.
For Home Décor, Furniture, and Beyond
- Furniture Today. Furniture today is a leading industry publication, and often a place where many go first to get “in the know” on industry updates. They report on news daily, as well as every tradeshow and market.
- Home Furnishings News. Like Furniture Today, Home Furnishings News is another excellent industry source. They even have a complete resource center on their website that’s worth checking out.
- Home Accents Today is geared towards both retailers and interior designers. They cover the big home furnishings and gift markets and provide first insight into trends and new collections.
- Retailer Now is a publication from the Home Furnishings Association, and often speaks more to the business side of retail. They offer helpful articles, tips, and advice for retail store owners.
And Don’t Forget…
Know of other great online resources for Home Furnishings retailers? Share them in the comments below and we’ll add to the list. Or check out our blog for more free content.